A. Complete each sentence using either yesterday or tomorrow:
1. I gave them some homework ____________________.
2. I’m not going on holiday until ____________________.
3. I missed the last bus ____________________, so I had to walk home.
4. It was cold ____________________, wasn’t it?
5. Sally is getting her exam results ____________________.
6. We packed our suitcases ____________________ evening.
7. Is he still cooking lunch for his girlfriend and her family _______________?
8. Bob and Janet are coming round for a game of cards ____________________ night.
We’re flying to
10. He’s playing football for a couple of hours __________________ morning.
11. I saw your friend Ian in Sainsbury’s ____________________.
12. I’m doing all my ironing ____________________.
13. We both bought the same pair of shoes ____________________.
14. Is he going to tell you about the course ____________________, or later on today?
15. Jen swam forty lengths of the pool ____________________.
B. Underline the main verb/s in each sentence (including compound verbs).
C. If the sentence contains an auxiliary verb (helping verb), circle it.