Use a library facility or the internet to find the answers to these questions:
1. Where was Charles Dickens born?
2. When was he born?
3. What were his parents called?
4. Name two schools that he attended.
5. Where did the twelve-year-old Dickens work?
6. Name two other jobs that he had.
7. As a young writer, what was Dickens’s pseudonym?
8. What was the name of Dickens’s first love?
9. Which character did she inspire and in which novel?
10. What was his wife’s name?
11. In what year were they married?
12. Name three of Dickens’s ten children.
13. Name three novels by Charles Dickens.
14. In which novel do we meet the unscrupulous Sir Mulberry Hawk?
15. Which miserable Dickens character snarls: “Every idiot who goes about with ‘Merry Christmas’ on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart.”? In which novel does he appear?
16. In what year did Dickens’s father die?
17. Name the house on
18. In what year did Dickens separate from his wife Catherine?
19. Name the actress with whom Dickens spent the rest of his life.
20. When and where did Dickens die?