1. What day was 19th August 2005?
2. A' Level students were celebrating because almost a of them have been awarded A Grades this year.
3. James Blunt was at no.1 in the singles chart for the fifth week in a row with ...
You're Not bad.
4. Police announced that there is going to be a national database which records pictures of criminals' ...
scars and tattoos.
favourite holiday destinations.
friends and relatives.
5. At Sainsbury's, a pack of two boneless salmon fillets was on offer (buy 1 get 1 free). What was the price for a single pack?
6. Researchers at Harvard Medical School announced that girls who ate chips regularly were more likely to get ____________ than those who didn't.
poor exam results
7. The Royal Mint launched a competition to find new designs for ...
the shape of British coins.
a waterproof cash machine.
the reverse side of British coins.
an invisible chewing gum.
8. There was bad news for ___________ on the tiny Outer Hebridean islands of North Uist and Benbecula. In an effort to control their number, they are going to be shot by conservationists.
9. Pope Benedict XVI was in ____________, on his first foreign visit since becoming Pope in April this year.
10. Pop star Madonna was recovering, after breaking a collarbone and cracking several ribs whilst ____________ on her 47th birthday.
playing Su Doku
11. Hollywood star Rob Lowe was starring in "A Few Good Men" at the ____________ in London's West End.
Theatre Royal Haymarket
12. On BBC 1 there was a primetime repeat for "My Family" while ITV 1 countered with a repeat of "Foyle's ____________".
13. The England football squad was down in the dumps after a 4-1 defeat in a friendly against ____________ on Wednesday night.
14. In London the weather was overcast and the temperature was around ...
15. Anthony was still celebrating after winning Big Brother 6 on Channel 4. What is his surname?
16. Former Northern Ireland Secretary sadly died today.
17. Name the Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, who has been called upon to resign by the family who are mourning the death of Brazilian electrician Jean Charles de Menezes:
18. There have been accusations that A' Level exams are getting ...
19. It was announced that England soccer star Michael Owen and his wife Louise are expecting their ____________ child.
20. Sony's new games console - the PSP - was available to pre-order in the UK. How much will it cost?