1. When was the Battle of Hastings?
2. How many wives did King Henry VIII have?
none - he was too shy to ever ask for a date
3. Who came to the throne after Queen Elizabeth I died in 1603?
King Charles I
King Ethelbert the Unready
King James I
King Ethelred the Unsteady
4. The Romans ruled Britain for...
the fun of it
5. According to the saying, King Canute could not...
be blamed for his fear of bears
6. Captain James Cook was a great...
navigator and explorer
7. Queen Victoria was married to a nobleman called Cuthbert
8. Samuel Pepys is famous for his...
speeches against slavery
speeches against capitalism
speeches against capital punishment
entertaining diaries describing everyday life in London in the 1660's
9. During World War II, Dame Vera Lynn sang: 'There'll be bluebirds over/the white cliffs of...'
10. In what year did Margaret Thatcher resign as Prime Minister?
You mean she's not still Prime Minister?